Average Salary: Entry level--$38,390 Experienced--$67,540
Education/Training Required: Most positions require an Associate's Degree or experience in a related job
Jobs Available: 112-190
Energy Industries: Coal, Gas, Transmission & Distribution, Wind
Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals. ·
- Ensure that machines are up and running and staffed for maximum productivity and that resources are utilized effectively. ·
- Schedule raw materials coming to the machines and schedule production runs. ·
- Direct employees engaged in the production of goods. ·
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers. ·
- Manage and supervise the quality and inspection of products in final stage before the meet they customer. ·
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations. ·
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments. ·
- Interview and conduct performance appraisals for employees.
Tools and Technology ·
- Hazardous material protective apparel - Personal protective clothing ·
- Notebook computers, Operator terminals ·
- Laser scanners ·
- Word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, project management,materials management and supply chain software
Critical Knowledge ·
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control. ·
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. ·
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to techniques, procedures, and equipment.