Average Salary: Entry level--$54,080-$60,030 Experienced--$98,800-$100,790
Education/Training Required: Bachelor's Degree; may also have Master's Degree
Jobs Available: 81-180
Energy Industries: Coal, Gas, Nuclear, Transmission & Distribution, Wind
Hiring forecasts are high across all industries in the energy sector in southwestern Pennsylvania and Electrical Engineers are among a group of “Target Jobs” that employers say will be in highest demand. Electrical Engineers research,design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial,military, or scientific use.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks such as preparing technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure conformity to standards and customer requirements.·
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others in cross-functional project teams to develop products, document and validate final product design, and integrate electronic designs with mechanical, optical test and manufacturing capabilities.·
- Design of complex electronic hardware such as analog and digital circuit boards.·
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.·
- Work with Mechanical and Design Engineers to create components of the products, component assembly.
Critical Knowledge ·
- Knowledge of energy industry is a plus. ·
- Engineering and Technology - Practical application of engineering science and technology principles techniques, procedures, and equipment. ·
- Design - Techniques,tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans,blueprints, drawings, and models. ·
- Computer sand Electronics - Circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. ·
- Mathematics - Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications. ·
- Physics - Prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical,electrical, atomic and sub-atomic structures and processes.
Tools and Technology·
- Laboratory evaporators, Semiconductor process systems, Signal generators, Spectrometers, Tube furnaces ·
- Analytical or scientific software, Computer aided design (CAD)software, project management software,
- Materials management and Supply chain software,·
- Word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail